It’s classical music time on ARTS.FILM
Image tirée du film Gershwin’s World // Image from the film Gershwin’s World
- Les Violons du Roy, under the direction of Jonathan Cohen playing Pergolesi’s Stabat Mater live from Salle Bourgie
- The Orchestre métropolitain, under the direction of Yannick Nézet-Séguin, in a legendary Wagner/Debussy program
- Pianists Marc-André Hamelin and Charles Richard-Hamelin playing Mozart with Les Violons du Roy, live from the Lanaudière Festival
- Violinist Andrew Wan and pianist Charles Richard-Hamelin performing the complete Schumann sonatas, live from Salle Bourgie
- Pianist Louis Lortie in an unpublished Liszt recital (Années de pèlerinage, II. Italy)
- Trumpeter Paul Merkelo and pianist Matt Herskowitz in Gershwin’s World, a remarkable musical journey shot at Montreal’s Locoshop Angus.
Also, watch the new video capsules of the Montreal vocal ensemble and soloists Les Rugissants directed by Luigi Capasso. Between musical and architectural films, discover the Madonna di Pompei church, the Saint-Esprit-de-Rosemont church and the Stock Exchange Tower as you have never seen them before.